Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Been a looong while, hasn't it?

So I haven't written about this in a long while, and to be honest, when you're dealing with simple edits, there's not much to say other than, well, I did some more editing today.

But the thing is, there was a long stretch where I didn't do much writing. I was moving from Queens to Harlem. The specifics aren't important, but when I moved, I had to restock my apartment, set things up, and so on. I had to settle in, in other words, and that kept me occupied. I also wondered if I should even continue with this novel, with novels at all.

And I've decided that I should at least get the damn thing into shape. And that's what I've been doing, getting it into shape. Right now, I'm going through and implementing all the edits. Once that's finished, I'm going to have to get into the rewrites, then back into editing. Hopefully that'll be the end of it. Since I've been getting back into the groove, I've been pretty good about working on this monster. Perhaps it'll go faster now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home